New tools for the blog

January 3rd, 2007

Following the 500 words lost incident earlier today I’ve upgraded the tools that I use for posting to this weblog a little. I now use TextMate, a fabulous text editor that I use for all my coding. I found out it had a blogging interface, and away I went…

To make that work a little better, I’ve also installed Markdown support. Markdown is a very nice way of putting codes like links and italic and bold into the posts1.

All in all this makes posting a lot easier, and it also handles pictures much more quickly, so I have fewer excuses for my lack of posts than ever!


  1. And it lets me make very neat footnotes, which makes me quite happy.