A few of the films that I want to see coming out this year (in release date order):
- For Your Consideration. From the makers of Looking for Guffman and Best in Show (and A Mighty Wind, which I haven’t seen yet). Should be fun, but uneven like the rest.
- The Fountain. Darren Aronofsky’s latest film, promises to be spectacular, difficult to understand and fun. Been looking forward to this for a while.
- Stranger Than Fiction. An IRS agent begins to suspect that he’s the character in a novel. Whee! I love modern surrealism.
- Last King of Scotland. A lot of Oscar buzz around Forrest Whittaker’s performance as Idi Amin. Definitely worth a look see.
- The Illusionist. Well, I liked the last movie about a magician… 🙂 (Actually, this one came out first in the US, it’s taking forever to get here).
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It looks intriguing, a return to the style of original underground comic book.
- Spider-Man 3. Loved the first two.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End. Loved the first two.
- Transformers. Oh please oh please let this not be a complete piece of rubbish.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Although I’m looking forward to book 7 more.
- The Simpsons Movie. Maybe this is where all the jokes they took out of the main series went?
- License to Wed. Movie about marriage prep courses.
- Ratatouille. It has a rat in it, how can I resist. And it’s from Pixar.
- Stardust. Magical Fantasy based on a story by Neil Gaiman.
- Beowulf. Adult fantasy made using the same technology used in The Polar Express. Neil Gaiman and Roger Avary are writing the script.
- Bee Movie. Don’t know much about it, but the early ads are smart and funny.
Only 16 that I have to see, I must be slowing down…